Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Keeping my Eyes on Him

Sometimes life in ministry can have moments of fear. I mean sometimes the whole fact of the unknowns can still get me in a negative way. Even after all I went through, everything God has taught me, all that He has led me through, I still struggle with doubt.
God still doesn't give up on me, He still keeps leading me and guiding me. When I do have those moments, the moments of doubt God has a way of working in that too. He continues to remind me time and time again that He has all things under control, and He knows my every need,
This past Sunday I was back in my home church. One thing you have to know about me is I'm usually not an emotional person in public... if I do feel it coming on I will do everything I can to hide it. But towards the end of the service, it was very hard to hide. I felt the Spirit totally come over me, and it almost felt as if I was the only one in the room... right there just me and God. Then at the end of the service they sang one of my most favorite hymns, "Through it All."
It was an awesome service on Sunday. The main point of the message was having strong faith even when the storms are raging. The passage was about the disciples on the boat, and a huge storm came over the boat, while Jesus was sleeping. They were afraid. Jesus woke up, and calmed the storm. He asked them where was there faith...
All through life we have storms. We have times where it feels as if Jesus is so far away. We doubt, we fear, we try to handle things in our own hands... I can go on and on, but even through the times of storms, Jesus is with us. He is with me. I have to remind myself of that constantly.
I cannot loose heart when there is a battle to face, and I cannot get over confident when things are going great. I must remain humble before the Lord. Keeping my eyes on Him, and letting Him guide me where He wants me. My life is all about faith. Yes it gets hard, yes it comes to a point where it just plain hurts, and times when I just want to say forget it, I can't do this anymore...
But I know that God has called me. He has a plan in all things, and He even uses my weaknesses. On Sunday God spoke to me, and gave me a little wake up call, telling me He was here, and I need to continue to keep my faith on Him, trusting in Him, and allowing Him to take over my life. I can't have it all figured out, that's impossible. But I know I can leave everything in the hands of my Savior. That is a true comfort, and something that keeps me going forward. I know that He is with me through everything good and bad.

1 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing your heart, for being open. We are here for you always. This too shall pass. Stand firm my friend

    ReplyDelete