Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Steps of Faith

Today has been a wonderful day, a wonderful Sunday it was. This morning I attended an incredible church service. God spoke to me through the pastor this morning. I am called to take steps of faith in obedience to Him. The pastor said these words, "if you are wanting it to be easy, you are in the wrong place.... but we have to be armed with God's truth, because we are in a world where it's only going to get harder." I know that as I move forward I need to trust in God for His provision, His protection and His guidance. There is a call and tug on my heart that continues to get stronger. There are challenges that have come up along the way, and there will continue to be, but I know that I need to continue. I need to keep taking each step and be who God has called me to be. There are times when I fall, times when I struggle, and those times where I feel like I've felt like I've been slammed to the floor, but there has never been a time where God has been away, and never a time where I have been defeated. It is by God's grace that I can keep going, and it is through His strength. I know I have talked about this a lot, but it is one of the most important things I need to remember. I need to remember who I am serving, and why I do what I do.

It is not an easy journey. Choosing the narrow road has bumps in it. Hard ones. But that road also is leading to eternal life with Jesus Christ. The One who conquered death, suffered and died so we can live. He is walking the road with me, and He is in the boat with me. When the storms rage, God is my strength, He is my comforter, and He calms the storms in my life. This evening I spent some time reflecting on all that God has led me through. I was reading through my personal journal, where I wrote down every feeling I was feeling. There was a lot I went through, and probably a lot I'm going to go through. But one thing I've learned is how God is there with me every step of the way. As I've said so many times before, I must continue on the journey with faith and perseverance. Knowing that the race does have hurdles, but there are so many people out there walking in total darkness. I must keep being the hands and feet of Jesus, and going to where He is calling me to go. Many people need to hear the words I love you, and hear how valuable they are to their Heavenly Father, and how much He loves them. I am not afraid of what they may say to me, I've been called many things already, and have heard and seen so much already, but I still know they need Jesus. That is worth everything I have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment