Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

What's New

I realize that it has been a while since the last update, at least for me anyways because I typically write often about what's going on. There really isn't a whole lot new since the last time, other than being busy. Kinda boring I know! But my life isn't boring by any means, I mean sure maybe some moments are, but whose life isn't like that at times. Seriously though, I have been working with all sorts of projects, and gearing up for ministry. I've had a few struggles of discouragement these past couple of weeks, but thanks to all of your prayers for that, God has been delivering me out of that. He continues to show Himself faithful to me in amazing ways. Ways that I don't even expect sometimes.

I've been doing a lot of studying lately about the city of San Diego, as well as different areas that we can focus on ministry. I've been learning a lot about the city and the people in it. It has been a great advantage for me about already knowing the area a little due to numerous trips here long before YWAM came about in my life. But what is exciting is I never get tired of learning more about the city, and adventuring through it. God has opened my eyes to something, and is showing me all the different areas that He wants to lead me in. During the past several weeks I've been thinking a lot about my experience in San Francisco, and what I all did and learned there. It has been a year ago already since I've been there and finished my outreach of my DTS. It was an awesome outreach that is for sure. I have been missing it greatly, and think of the people there often. I made a lot of great friends there. I look forward to getting similar ministries started here and becoming more involved in this city as well as establishing more relationships. God keeps reminding me that this is what He is calling me to do, and He definitely has a job for me to do. This is what brings a song to my heart, and gets it to pound a little faster with excitement. God has called me to take my church's mission statement into action to San Diego and that is awesome. I will follow in the steps of Jesus down the streets, and wherever His steps lead me to go.

These next couple of weeks have some meetings in them with church leaders and individuals regarding this new ministry. I just recently finished a large project for our Baja and Beyond event, which I am very happy about. I was busy all week with this project, and now the event is this weekend. Several of our staff are down in Mexico working it and hosting a large number of people that will be building three houses for needy families. It is an exciting weekend!

I thank you for your prayers. I promise I will keep these blogs updated as much as possible. You all know I love to write, and share with you what's happening. God bless you all, and have an amazing day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment