Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Can we Trust Him?

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Take a moment and read this verse carefully again. Read is as many times as you need to. Many of you may know this verse by heart. That's great! I want all of you to be honest with yourself. How much do you put your total trust in God without leaning on your own understanding? I'd say allof us in one way or another have struggled with putting our entire trust in God. I know that I have struggled with that. I want to know the why, how, when, and so forth.

God commands us to trust in Him. But why is it so hard sometimes? That is a question that only you can answer for yourself. I know that I often struggle with it because I'm someone that likes to have everything figured out. When I find myself at a seemingly dead end road my first reaction isn't usually the right one. Trusting God is something I have to work on and have worked on during these past several months of medical issues that have put me in a place I've never been in my life. I have struggled with all kinds of pain and phyisical weakness. But it has been through those times that God has proven Himself strong to me. I learn to trust God more in the darkest valleys. I need to keep saying to myself, God's got this! When I say that I feel so much more secured, and I can rest assured that He really has it all in His hands. When everything is going great in my life I forget much too quickly that I need to continue to depend on God for every little thing in life. But God knows what's best and He works everything out for the good. God promises that.

What I would like to do today is open up this blog as a prayer chain. I felt God giving me a tug on my heart to write this for a few days, and I know that He is going to use it. What I would like for you to do is pass this blog to people you know and keep it going.    Encourage them to write a comment on this blog about where they struggle with trusting in God, and/or what challenges are they facing today.  I would like you as well to write a comment sharing what areas or challenges do you struggle with trust and/or your challenges as well.   It can remain annoynomous by just entering your first name only or put the first letter of your name. However you want to address yourself is up to you. After you have shared, then write out a prayer for the person who commented ahead of you. The first person, if you could say a prayer for me, and whoever is the last person to comment I will say a prayer for you. Let's start a movement of getting more people to be in prayer for one another. I hope that you feel the tug of the Holy Spirit and do what He is asking you to do. That is my prayer for you.




4 comments:

  1. Julie,
    What a wonderful blessing you are in my life.
    My biggest struggles? Patience with my kids and trusting God for His amazing provision. I do pretty well trusting Him for the normal living expenses but those "surprise" costs that come up? Help me to remember they are only surprises to me not HIM. HE has known since the beginning of time what each of us need every moment and HE always provides at the exact time it is needed. Not one minute early or late. Actually that is how HE provides for everything now isn't it? Not just financially, but spiritually, emotionally, physically and so on.
    Love you Jules,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a great blessing to me too Michele! I will pray for you and that God will provide for all of your needs. Just like God provided just what you and Jane needed for Africa He will provide for your day to day expenses too. You are an amazing woman of God and I can see Jesus glowing through you every time I see you. God will continue to give you patience as you parent your kids and when your at your wits end with them, He will be there to calm you and guide you through it all. God loves your kids more than you, and I know that He has great plans for you and them as well as the rest of your family. Like you said He knows what you need and when you will need it even before you will know that you need it! Remember God's got this! He has everything in His hands. I love you too Michele.
      Julie

      Delete
  2. Michelle,
    I can so relate to the patience problem as well as totally trusting God to provide for our needs. It always helps me to look back and remember how He has always provided for me in the past. How great is His faithfulness! I will be lifting you up in prayer and asking the Holy Spirit to fill you with His patience and give you a complete peace that all your needs will be provided for in His time.
    Love & prayers,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust is something God has been trying to teach me these past few years. For me it is difficult to give up complete control to Him in al areas of my life. I pray that God gives you patience to deal with whatever circumstances you may be facing. I know He has great plans for each of us if we trust Him!

    ReplyDelete