Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Don't Give Up

If I had a quarter for every time I heard the phrase, "Don't give up," I would be able to travel the world.  Many people remind me of it: my mom, siblings, extended family, pastors, and dear friends, I feel so close sometimes to giving up but I know in my heart that is not what God would want me to do.  God tells me over and over again through His word and still small voice to keep running forward.  I have to listen to Him even above everyone else.  But I am still human and a person who is like everybody else.  I have shortcomings  I am a sinner and fall short time and time again.  Even though I feel like giving up at times, and I have those bad attitudes, I can rest assured that God never gives up on me.  God will never give up on you either no matter what.  I promise you that!

It is through God's strength that I do press forward.  When I do fall short, through Him, I get back up and proceed.  I walk forward in faith one step at a time.  God is always by my side.  He is my best listener, the One that I can always turn to, always depend on, cry on, and talk to about anything.  God wants to hear all of my feelings.  When I am tired beyond limits, He does carry me.  I get tired quite often too!

I know it in my heart God is always with me.  He promises all of us that He will never leave us.  He has never said life would be easy.  He has actually said that in this world we will have many troubles.  No matter who we are, we are not exempt.  Before you point the finger to someone else and say, their life is so easy, remember, you don't know what they are going through.  We can't determine other people's lives and whether or not how easy or hard it is.  That is a form of judging others and we are not to do that!  It is also a form of jealousy, and we are not to be jealous either.  Let God be the judge and let's be thankful for the blessings of our lives.  I know, I have to work on the same.

With God's strength we can do all things and we can get through all things.  No matter what you are going through in life, remember to keep pressing on.  Don't give up.  Instead, give it over.  Give it over to God's hands and let His hands carry you.  Even if you are in a scary situation , God will carry you and comfort you.  He is there always.

Life can be scary and if we focus on the world around us we can be worried sick!  So let's focus on God above us and the God above all.  Remember He is in control of absolutely everything and if we fix our eyes upon Jesus, we can keep running forward, knowing He is there.  He has already gone before us and He is there besides us.  So remember, never give up!  Instead trust in God and God alone.

One last thing.  I need to ask you for a personal favor.  I will be having a major surgery on November 1st.  I am asking for prayer that day  I don't want go give a lot of details other than it is a surgery in the stem of the brain and it is very complex.  Simply pray; that is really the best thing you can do.

1 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration Jules! Thank-you for the new post. I love to hear how God is speaking to you and moving in your life. Love you! Michele

    ReplyDelete