Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Surgery Complete

Yesterday was my big day. I went in for surgery on my left ear, and had a skin graft from my arm, to help with the healing process in my ear. I had large surgery done on my ear back in may of 2009, and my ear was not healing properly from that surgery. I had the same problem with my right ear, and after the second surgery on that ear, it healed up within a few weeks. The doctor is hoping for the same on my left ear. Right now I'm in a lot of pain but I am glad that the surgery is behind me. It has been a long road, but some amazing things have happened along the way. Because of my ear conditions I kept trying to join a DTS, but each time the door closed. I was finally able to join DTS in September of 2009. During the journey of trying over and over again, God has taught me more about patience, trust, faith, and endurance. All were very important along the journey of DTS, where I had some more battles to face, after becoming sick, ending up in the hospital, and my outreach to Southern Mexico becoming a closed door. It was a very hard thing to go through, but without God's strength holding me up, and His voice leading me through to where He wanted me, I wouldn't have been able to get through it. It was with His guidance, that led me through.
Now as I'm home and laying low for a while I'm also using this time to reflect on what God has done and the things He is preparing me for. God is calling me, and He is leading me. God wants me to continue to serve Him as a missionary. I feel His calling into city ministry. I felt God speaking to me at the very beginning of my DTS already. I heard Him telling me that He wanted me in city ministry of some sort, and at that time I wasn't sure just what that meant. It started off as a small desire that continued to grow throughout my DTS. It was amazing how God led me on a special outreach that focused on that particular ministry in San Francisco. As hard as it was to be separated from everyone else, I loved the ministry I was in, and I knew God planned that all out for a reason. It was His perfect plan, and He continued to teach me to totally depend on Him in all situations good and bad. Following God's will for my life hasn't always been easy, in fact there were many times where it was very hard, and at times it hurt. But it has been the best. There is nothing greater than to be on the road that I'm on, living each and every day in faith, and letting God's amazing power do His work in me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment