Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fear Not



I have talked people here in San Fran that many of you would probably run from. I have heard their stories, I have heard their pain. They are messed up, they smoke heroin, marijuana, other drugs, many have been drunk, many smell, they talk to themselves, stare into space, walk aimlessly, and I can go on and on with the different types of people I've talked to. But I have no fear when I do. I feel joy in my heart, and God's presence is right there with me. God speaks the words right through me, to reach these people. Today I was talking to a man who is not all with it at all. He's bipolar, smokes marijuana, and doesn't make a whole lot of sense when he talks. But you know I liked talking with him. A couple weeks ago he asked me to pray for him. He is my friend. I have quite a few street friends here, and when I walk up the street I do say hi. I talk to the people I come across. It is really an awesome thing. God is moving through me here, He is moving in this city, and lives are being transformed.
I get tired of people thinking that I'm not safe here, or safe in Mexico, or wherever I may be. These people on the streets, the people in Mexico, they're God's children too. They need a friend just like you and I need a friend. I can't imagine sitting on the sidewalks day in and day out without people even noticing me. That would make me feel completely worthless. I'm sure that is the feeling the people on the streets feel, I'm sure they feel like trash, and like they have no purpose at all. I've asked them... they flat out told me, that they don't feel valuable, that they don't have a purpose in life. Today the man I was talking to said to me, "The place you have running here, it gives me a place to go, a place where I feel like I belong. I'd just be roaming the streets if you weren't here." That hit me. Many things have already. My time here has given me a confirmation that this is what God wants me to do. God has been moving in me here. He has spoken to me, many times. I feel Him leading me, and I am getting some nudges of what I'm supposed to do.
I have read in my personal journal entries, and I've had a heart for these people for a very long time. Those who are lost, those who are hurting, and feel hopeless. I have such a passion to reach out to them. To give them a hope, and a place where they can feel accepted. God is working in my heart and He has given me this huge passion, and a dream. I don't know how it's all going to unfold, and I can't see the whole picture, but I feel it deep in my heart that God is leading me in this direction. God is reminding me to keep moving forward, and stepping out in faith. I am not supposed to have it all figured out. God will be showing me what He wants me to do step by step.
God will be by my side every step of the way. He will continue to give me those divine appointments, and I will continue to reach out to these people with no fear. For I have nothing to fear because God is always watching over me. So where God calls me to go next, I will not let fear stop me. I will go where He calls me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment