Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Moving Forward in Faith One Step at a Time


"Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter our our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the thrown of God." Hebrews 12:1
I have to say, the race I've been running certainly has not been an easy one. There has been many hurdles along the way. But as I look at this verse, I am reminded that I must keep running this race. Keep my eyes on Jesus and my heart totally surrendered to Him. I am reminded that my Heavenly Father is watching over me... and He is running right by my side. I still remember the series my church did on faith one year ago. I think of all the heroes of faith that have gone before me. From Abraham, to Moses, David, Paul, to my dad, and grandparents. I think of them all sitting in the Heavenly grandstands cheering me on. I hear my Heavenly Father say to me, you can do it My child, I will always be with you. I know your fears, I know you feel afraid of what is lying ahead of you. But fear not, for I have already gone before you. You are My child, and you are in the palms of My hands. Don't worry, I feel your pain, I hear your cries. I endured the cross for you. You are mine, and I want you to cry on my shoulders. Tell Me all your fears, all your struggles, give Me your burdens. Know that there isn't anything too big for Me.
I must keep running, I must not loose heart. I think of the surgeries coming up, especially the neck. Yes it does scare me, I'll be honest. I don't know what to expect, or how it's going to feel. But I know that God has already gone ahead of me. He knows and He also will be with me. I think of Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
I must keep going, run and face the hurdles, the hurdles of more surgeries, the hurdles of the unknowns, remembering that God will give me the strength to get through the hurdles. God will provide for me, and He will ease my pain. God wil show me what He wants me to do, lead me to the place He wants me to go. Faith is not about knowing what lies ahead. Faith is going ahead, without knowing. Faith is trusting in God, and Him alone. Stepping forward, without seeing what the next step is going to be. Allowing Jesus to be the Light. Allowing Him to take the lead. Having the hope that Jesus is Lord and Savior of all. He is the almighty, my strength, my Comforter, He is my Healer.
I give God my life. I will continue to serve Him this way. For I know this is what He wants me to do. Who said that serving God was easy? Who said that there wouldn't be any pain? Nobody. Serving God does involve pain, it does involve sorrow. But it gives joy, it gives peace. God gives me what I need, and He gives me endurance, and strength. God gave me life, He has blessed me, and in everything I've gone through God has never left my side. No matter how hard it may get, no matter how much suffering the race will involve, I will not quit. With God on my side, with Him carrying me through, there is nothing else I need. I need to lean harder and harder on Him and Him alone. Keep standing on the promises, and shining in the darkness. Let the Light shine out of me, and not to be afraid of what people may think of me.
I love Jesus Christ with all my heart, and I give my life completely to Him. I will keep looking ahead, and following in His steps, all the days of my life.
"To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His steps." 1 Peter 2:21

0 comments:

Post a Comment