Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Felicia came to Town



This week was a wonderful week. On Sunday I was able to spend some time with my up North family for the afternoon which was a nice getaway. I really needed a break, I was really starting to feel pretty run down. Then on Monday morning Felicia from Mexico came up to visit with me for a few days. It was awesome to have her here, and we had a great time. Spent a while in the city on Tuesday walking the Golden Gate, and going down to Fisherman's Warf for a while, had dinner out there, and walked back. It was a fun walk but there sure are steep hills in this city. I felt like I was hiking a mountain! But honestly it was a blast, and I enjoyed every minute of it. We were able to talk and just joke back and forth with each other, and I was able to forget about many things that have been running through my mind. I started to not feel so well again, but Felicia made me call in just to be safe. I went to the doctor, everything is fine, I just have a bug that's going around and I am already feeling a little better. So no worries!!
I do have a lot running through my mind, but I know that I need to let it go. God will take care of it. It is just getting me because I know that DTS is coming to a close, and I just am not sure where I will be going next. I know God knows, and I really just have to keep reminding myself that I am in His hands. I have to get through the surgeries coming up, for sure one, but most likely the next still has to be done too. My ear will be first, which is a quick one, that isn't too big of a deal. Honestly I'm not worried about them so much. I just hope that I can keep going without it being such a setback.
As I've read past entries on here, recently I get reminded that God has been molding me this entire time. Everything that I've gone through has turned out for the good. God promises me that He will work all things for the good, and for His glory. I just have to keep my heart focused in the right place, and not to worry so terribly much. I know that God wants to use me in the mission field and I know He has so much in store for me. He really is preparing me for something far greater than what I can even imagine. He wants to use me in ways that I haven't even thought of. So when my mind starts to take over and I think too much, I have to remember that I am not walking through this alone. I have nothing to worry about because I know that I'm always in the palm of His hands. I know God will provide, and all I have to be doing is moving forward in faith. Keep taking things one step at a time, not one mountain at a time. It is impossible to climb a mountain in one step, and so I can't expect to get to all the places God has for me in one step. God has my entire life planned out, so I really don't want to complete it in one day! So as the next couple weeks come along I will keep my heart and eyes fixed upon Him, and I will remember to keep trusting, and keep moving forward. Please just keep in prayer that I don't lose heart, or patience, and that I remember to keep trusting in God and Him alone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment