Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In His Steps

Jesus You are the One I want to follow, the One that I want to be like. You came into this earth, and You suffered and died for me. You came to serve others, and I want to follow in Your steps. I thank You for all the places You've brought me to, and all the things You have taught me these past couple years. It has been a ride, but a ride that has brought me closer to You, and has taught me more about my trust and faith in You, and how much my life depends on it. You are all that I need. As I prepare for the next step, may I not forget all that You have taught me, and may I remember that this is all for Your glory, and Your's alone. Amen.

I have been home now for a couple months just about. During that time I've been getting some things together, and preparing for heading out again to San Diego full-time. But as I've been preparing, and getting into the rush of things, I've caught myself forgetting what God has already done in my life. I start thinking so much about what lies ahead, getting nervous about it, and start thinking about all the "what ifs" that my focus becomes more on myself, instead of God and what He has taught me, and what He continues to teach me. I come to realize that my feet need to be placed on the right path again... I need to keep my eyes focused totally on Jesus, letting Him guide me step by step. Remembering that my life is a journey all about faith, trust, endurance, and following in the footsteps of my Savior Jesus Christ. I'm here to be the hands and feet of Jesus. God is the author of my life, and He reminds me not to worry about tomorrow... God already knows what tomorrow is going to be like, He knows what next week, next year, and everyday for the rest of my life are going to be like. I certainly don't, but I know that my life is in His hands.
Everytime I try to take matters into my own hands I am saying God I know it better than you, and I going to do it this way. It reminds me of my teenage "know it all years" when I'd be saying the same things to my parents. My parents were much wiser and smarter than me in those years, yes I still think so now too, and God is all knowing all powerful, and so I must continue to remind myself of that. Knowing that God knows what's best. You'd think I would have learned this by now, but the truth is, I still have to keep reminding myself to trust in God with all my heart.
I will contine to walk forward, and even though I don't know what the future holds, I know Who holds it. God is working in my life day after day, and even now when things are slow, and I am getting anxious to move forward again, God is still preparing me, and working in me. He is getting me geared of for what lies ahead. As I continue to walk forward, I want to always take every step in obedience. It is a great adventure, and what my life is all about.

"Day by day, and with each passing moment, Strength I find, to meet my trials here;Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment, I’ve no cause for worry or for fear. He Whose heart is kind beyond all measure Gives unto each day what He deems best—Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure, Mingling toil with peace and rest."

I will follow in the footsteps of Jesus... I will be a disciple for Him... and I will be all who He wants me to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment