Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It keeps right on rolling

Well I must say life just keeps moving no matter where you are. The speaker this week has been great, and challenging too. It has been on spiritual warfare, and that is a powerful topic. A lot of times when we think of it, it can sounds a little frightening. I mean it is something that is so real, but so many Christians ignore it, or don't think much about it. We are in the Light, and protected by the enemies schemes, but there are so many people in this world who aren't. So what are we going to do about it? Is there anything we can do? Not exactly, it is not what we can do, it is what God will do through us. Since we have Jesus living in us we have the power to fight the spiritual darkness in the world. We are followers of Christ, we are armed and fabulous... okay I just love saying that, but for real we are armed with God's Armor. The belt of truth, breastplate of righteousness, sword of the spirit, helmet of salvation, shield of faith, and the boots of readiness. What is there to be afraid of? We are all sons and daughters of the most powerful being in the universe... the One who can handle anything, and the One where there is nothing impossible. We are under the wings of God almighty, King of kings, Lord of lords, our Savior and Friend. Now I don't know about you but I know there is nothing more comforting than that, nothing else that I ever need. God's power is in me... His power is in you. With His presence with us, we can fight the battles, and stand up against the war that is in the world. The war that is more powerful than the war in the Middle East, and a war that cannot be fought with planes, and bombs, it's a war that is fought through the truth. The Light against the darkness.

God is leading me through the battles I'm fighting right now. Now I've had my share of them, and I must say they are painful. But you know what? I am not going to let doctors hold me down, I am not going to let medical situations hold me back from God's dreams in my life. There is nothing that is going to keep me from being who God wants me to be. I have to keep going, keep running. At this point during the race it when the heart starts to burn. When I feel like I can't run another step. But I will keep running. I'm not at the finish line yet. So even though things did not go the way I'd hoped, I'm not going to lose hope. I won't lose heart, I won't quit. I have to give my all, and I have to hold on to all that God has promised me. I'm not speaking just about myself here, but you have to do the same in whatever situation you may be in. I will be the first to tell you that life hurts at times. Life just does not make sense. But God is so faithful through every painful moment. He gives grace to you to keep going. He gives you strength. But through every dark moment, there will be a light at the end. There is always a hope, and that hope is found only through the blood of Jesus Christ. Remember that whatever you're going through Jesus is going through it with you. He feels your pain, He hear's your cry. Even when it feels like no one else does, He does. When every one else is getting geared up for such an exciting event, and you feel like the outcast, count it as a blessing. You are the outcast because God has chosen you! He has something extra special for you, and something that only you can do!! That is so exciting isn't it?! So join with me in the race of faith, and keep running. When your heart starts to burn, pray, sing, and read the Word. God will carry you, He will comfort you. Jesus is your Poweraide... and He gives you the strength to keep moving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment