Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Outreaches are out

The outreach teams have departed. It is so quiet here on base right now! I'm really getting anxious about my outreach to San Fran in a couple days. Before I go I am helping out on base. Since there are only a few people on base right now, there are only a few helpers. There are a couple of teams coming in a few days, and the rooms need to be prepared for them. The gal that is in charge of that has been stressing out because there isn't anyone to help. So I was asked if I'd be willing. Even though it doesn't feel like it sometimes, there is still a purpose for me still being here. But it is also a great time to have some great quiet time with God, and to just prepare my heart for what He has in store for me.
I really feel that He has something big stirred up, and is going to use me in big ways. Just a couple weeks ago, I was reading the Bible in my personal devotional time. Before I opened the Word I said a prayer, that God would speak to me, directly, and open up my heart to His will and what He wants me to do. I opened the Bible up to Ezekiel 2. Where it talks about him going to the land to speak to the people. God says it quite a few times not to be afraid of the people or what they will say. He talks about them being rebelious, but still do not be afraid and to speak to the people what God will tell you. Then it says you are not being sent to a land of difficult language. That struck me because one of the hardest things to learn here has been Spanish. I was getting very discouraged because I couldn't talk to the Mexican people here directly, and vice versa. It is my desire to witness to people and to tell them about Jesus, but I want to be able to talk to them and for them to understand me. God wants to speak through me, and He is making it clear that He wants me in the cities of my own language. However I still want to learn Spanish, and I am still going to keep working on that. Hopefully someday I will be able to be proficient at it.
I just thought wow God, you answered that prayer in an incredible way. It was pretty direct, and God spoke right to me in that passage. I am praying already for the people that God will be placing in my path, and that they just are open to hear what God has to say to them. I pray that God will speak through me and give me the boldness I need to reach out to these people. A lot of times people in the heart of the city are rough, there are places of poverty, homeless, drug wars, human trafficing, and so much more, and yes they are rebellious, they are tough, and they can be pretty scary. But God says it over and over again to not be afraid of them or what they may say. God promises us all that He is with us, and protecting us. Let me ask you something... if we don't go up to these people because we're afraid how are they going to hear about God's Word? Those who are lost, are not usually the nicest people in the world, and many of them are going to mock us for spreading the gospel, but should that stop us? Absolutely not. We can not back down because they may scare us. I am speaking for myself here, I must not I repeat I must not back down from them, but extend a hand, be a friend and be the hands and feet of Jesus, where He wants me. Let me give you a motto that I gave myself: If God wants me somewhere, He will protect me there. It is much safer to be in the place of God's will than it is to be in the prettiest neighborhood and not in God's will. Who did Jesus hang out with? Think about that one. It wasn't the wealthy people who thought they were better than everyone else, it was the poor and broken hearted. Jesus was a servant, and set the example on how we should live.
That being said, as I prepare for my trip to San Francisco, I must keep that as a reminder for myself. It is going to be hard at times, and scary too, but I have Someone watching over me, and He will never let me go. God is confirming it where He wants me. Do you think I know how it is all going to unfold? Of course not. God won't be showing me the whole picture. All I know is God is saying walk this way, and I will guide you one step at a time. Trust Me, I know what I'm doing. So here I go once again. I'm in for a wild ride, again. There will be plenty more to follow, but I don't regret it. There is nothing greater than to be serving God in such a powerful way. Through the pain and through the joy I'm living it up for Him and Him alone.

1 comments:

  1. This is truly beautiful and deeply touching, Julie. You are more and more amazing to me every time I see more of your wonderful heart for God. Please keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete