Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

True Meaning of Christmas


This is definitely a Christmas unlike any other. One that I will never forget. But as I think of the meaning of Christmas this year I can't help to look at it a total different perspective. I am grateful for the love of Christ, and Him coming to Earth as a baby and growing up, and suffering and dying for us all. There is no greater love than that. How great it is to celebrate Christmas every year, and reflect on God's everlasting love for us all, but it should not only be remembered at Christmas time, but all year long.
Now as I look at all the people around me in Mexico, I see a lot of hurting, and lost people. As I look around in my hometown, home state, and home country, I see the same. Thousands of hurting people, are all around me. Everywhere I go. What I am thinking is about how Jesus came into the world to serve. He came to pour love on us all.
We always say the saying what would Jesus do? He'd be going out to the poor, the brokenhearted, and He'd be that shoulder to cry on, the hand to hold on to, and He was a friend. So what I want to do, I don't just want to celebrate Christmas time but I want to live Christmas. I want to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Following in His steps, is my church's mission statement, I want to fulfill that. I don't just want to say it, I want to live it.
The true meaning of Christmas means more to me now than it ever has. To actually be out of the hustle bustle of the Christmas season, and to stay back and be still. Reflecting on God's love, and living it. Christmas is not about the gifts and all the prettyness. We all give gifts to each other at Christmas time, but what gift can we give to Jesus? Afterall it is His birthday. I give Him my hands, I give Him my feet, my mouth, and my heart. I give it all to Him so He can use it the way He wants. Jesus came into the world to serve others, to love on others, and I want to be here to do the same. My life is all about Him.
I sit here in Mexico amazed. I'm amazed at how God can take one very shy and intimidated person, and totally use them for His glory. Taking them outside the box, outside the comfort zone, stretching them to things that they never thought would ever be possible. Putting dreams into their heart, and fulfilling them. Taking every trial and pain and turning it around as a testimony. Turning it into something far greater than what they could have imagined happening. God is changing me... He has made the impossible, possible. He has made me into someone that other people said I'd never could do. He has made me into someone I never thought could happen. The beautiful picture is being formed. I'm living proof that there is nothing too big for God to handle. I stand amazed on how wonderful my God is. I wish you a wonderful Christmas, and it is my prayer that you share the true meaning of Christmas. Not just to remember it now, but to share it and live it all year long.

1 comments:

  1. Love the surrender to God's will, and willingness to be used by Him as His hands and feet, His mouth and just a blessing every day.
    Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete