Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Dangerous vs. Safe

You may be wondering the reason behind the title of this journal entry. I really felt led by the Spirit to write something up about it. Many of you probably wonder about my safety. I'm doing great. I don't feel fear when I'm talking to people in the building, or people outside the building. I feel completely protected by God's surrounding arms. I have gotten to know some amazing people living on the streets. I've learned from them, and really they are people who just want a friend. Many times we see homeless people sitting on the sidewalks and how many times do we walk or drive by them without saying a word.
God has called me here, and I know that, and honestly this is only the beginning of what God is calling me to do. I know that God wants me in this ministry I've said it several times, and it is amazing how God keeps giving me that confirmation that I'm in the right place. This Sunday I went to an amazing church called the Journey. It was really similar to CrossPoint in many ways, and it made me feel almost like I was home. They are doing a series called Beyond GPS, Knowing and Doing the Will of God. It was quite the message, and I couldn't have heard it at a more perfect time. I've been struggling a little with that, and following His will for my life. I feel Him tugging at me, and I am not sure if I want to go that direction. Now that is the dangerous thing. If I decide not to follow God's will for my life because of fear, or the unknowns, or what is on my mind most of all going away from people I know and love the most and taking another big step out of my comfort zone then I will start to walk on dangerous grounds. I know that I have to follow God's will for my life, and I want to follow God's will for my life. Is it hard, yes it is. I will be honest it is hard at the moment, but you know that's okay. Like the pastor said on Sunday, following God's will for your life is not the escape for hardship, suffering or persecution, if anything it's the start.
God is calling me to step into places that are not the safest places on Earth, but they are the safest place to be when I'm working for God's glory. Everything I'm doing here it's not for myself, it is for God and God alone. When I think about where God wants me to be He is not calling me back to Mexico, or San Diego. I want to stay there, but my reasonings are very selfish, and that is not what I want to be. It's not about me, and even though I felt very close to all the people there, I felt comfortable there, and really could picture it now, the passion for ministry is not there. I mean their ministry is great but that is not the ministry God is calling me to.
I will wait upon the Lord, I will serve Him with all my heart. God is calling me again to take a step of faith, again what I heard on Sunday. I have lost count on how many times I've heard keep stepping forward in faith these past several months. But it is something that I never get tired of hearing. It always reminds me and hits me as if it was the first time I've heard it. So even though downtown San Francisco may not be known as "safe" it is safe because it is where God wants me to be. Being where God wants me to be is the safest place in the world no matter where that may be. Being where God doesn't want me to be is the most dangerous place in the world. I choose to follow Him and I will go where He says go. Seeing the smile on a homeless person's face when you just say hi to them, I must admit that is an incredible experience in itself. Seeing them light up when they've accepted Jesus that experience is indescribable. It is just beyond amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment