Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Homeless, Drug Addicts, the Lost World

Today I went down on a bus ride with the team to "hippie hill." What a sight, the park itself was beautiful, the people in the park well thatis a whole other story. We made our lunches in the morning, and we all made an extra sandwhich to share with someone else. We had to sit and eat our lunch with somebody in the park. I was in a group sitting with a young gal who was only 20 yrs old. It was really hard to see someone so young destroying her life. Her she sits on the grass with her boyfriend and dog talking about weed. She really was a nice person and we talked with her for quite a while, but still her soul was completely lost. Both her and her boyfriend really wanted nothing to do with Jesus.
The rest of the group was scattered around here and there, and one small group went up to a man and offered a lunch to him. He not only refused it but it went crazy on the guys. Cussing them out and yelling out for everyone to hear. They of course walked away from him, but still this man was just yelling and yelling. I did a lot of observing the people all around me. Honestly my heart was breaking just breaking. I was just wondering how people can be okay with living on the streets, living high off of drugs and being okay with that. I mean I just don't understand it. Honestly it is the part of the journey where it hurts. I want them so badly to come around and realize how much they need Jesus, and how much He loves them and wants that relationship with them. All I can really do is pray for them and love them. Tell them that Jesus loves them, but it is really up to them to accept it. When I see them refuse prayer, or want nothing to do with even talking about Jesus that really hurts. They turn to drugs, material, alcohol and all other desires of the world that is their god. It's just plain horrible.
We walked up and down the streets today on a prayer walk. One guy had just an evil look to him. His eyes were really evil looking from what I heard. I didn't look back but one of the gals in our group did and was telling us about it. People on the streets know who we are, and some mock us, and even worse some are very demon possessed and the spiritual war is on. It's a pretty scary thing and it can't be ignored. Some people want us to pray for them, and many of them have broken down in tears when we do. Their hearts are broken and searching, and they just want someone to love them. It is so hard to hear their stories. My heart really feels so heavy right now, and I really just want to keep reaching out to these people. Remain on my knees in prayer. With God all things are possible, and He can change these people's hearts. San Francisco is probably the most challenging city there is at least one of the highest.
Yesterday I went on a city tour and learned all about the history of the city and some facts about the city. It was a pretty interesting tour. One thing however struck me. San Francisco is the only city in the country and I believe he said in the world that has a gender changing law. Where if you work in the city and you want to change your gender then your employer or company has to pay for it. How sad is that.
I just am praying hard for revival in this land, and I believe God sent me here, as well as many others to be the light in this city. YWAM is very well known in this city, and people are watching us. Lives are being changed, and even though it may not seem like it because there are still thousands of people in the darkness, God's light is moving in. Right now I'm pretty drained out, and sometimes I do feel like I just have nothing left. I mean no matter what I say to these people, and how much kindness I show to them, they just don't get it. But I know that the Holy Spirit has to work in them, and I cannot lose hope on them.
Please pray with me for these people, and the people in this world. Remember that we are living in the Light, in a dark world. God is working through us, and His power is in us, which is an amazing thing. There is nothing greater than that, and God will always be protecting us wherever we go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment